Bing Webmaster Tools is a free service packaged by Microsoft Bing. Bing Webmaster Tools allow the web owners and webmasters to enroll their websites in the Bing crawler. In this way, web owners can observe the performance of their website.
Bing webmaster tools offer great solutions to observe the issues on a website. It is the best alternative to the Google search console. The web owners can take actions in time and can fix those issues that affect the performance of the website. Excellent performance of website is necessary to be found actively in search engine.
How to use Bing Webmaster Tools
Bing webmaster service is an amazing service for web owners and web masters. It is ultimately free to use. It is not much difficult to use; especially if you have used similar services before. Here are some simple steps that will be helpful for you if you are new to Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Sign in to your Bing webmaster account; for signing in to your Bing Webmaster Tools you can sign in with your Google or Facebook account as well. If you are not intended to sign in with Google or Facebook then you have to create a Microsoft account so that you can sign up or sign in to your Bing Webmaster Tools.
- After completing the signing in the process you need to enroll your website on Bing Webmaster Tools.
- You can add multiple sites into your Bing Tools and can manage those sites in one place.
- After adding your website or sites to your Bing Tools your need to get your sites verified by following the instructions and process given by Bing Tools. Once you verified for ownership then you can take further actions to improve your site’s performance.
How to add a site in Bing Webmaster Tools
You need to add and verify your site on Bing Tools for measuring its performance and to take steps accordingly. Here are the step by step instructions for adding and verifying a site on Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Sign into your account.
- Go to the “Add a website” option.
- Place the URL of your site in the box that will appear.
- After placing the URL, click “Add”
- After adding your website on Bing Tools, the next step is to verify the ownership of your website.
- You can verify your ownership for a website using one of three ways available on Bing Webmaster.
- If you choose the 1st option that is XML file verification, you need to save the XML file on your device. Then add that XML file to the website that you are going to verify. Preferably, you should add that file in the root folder because it contains the verification code that will be used to get your site verified.
- Option 2 offers verification through Meta tags. For this purpose, go to Meta Tag Authentication; there you will see a Meta tag displayed to you. You need to copy that code and paste that code to the homepage. You need to add the code at the end of the Header section of your Homepage. In this way, you can get your website verified on Bing Tools.
- The third option requires access to your domain hosting account to edit the CNAME record to keep the verification code that is provided by Bing Webmaster Tools.
- After fulfilling the all steps of your selected verification method click “verify”
- If your website gets verified successfully then you will see a green checkmark and if it is not verified then you will see a red mark.
Bing Webmaster Tools make it easy for the webmasters and website owners, In this way, you can easily monitor the performance of your website.