Everyone wants to be independent and wants to earn money. There was a time when you have to fetch a job by applying, giving interviews, and so on. But now, it’s an era of skills. Now, you just need skill and can earn from home by deciding your own schedules and be your own boss. Freelancing is one of the most popular ways to earn money online.
Online earning or freelancing
Some people think that online earning or freelancing is an easy way. It is of course easy as compare to a job in which you have to go to the office and o follow a proper routine but it also requires a lot of hard work, excellent skills, and passion. If you are equipped with these features then you are going have a bright online career.
The thing to be considered is that freelancing also needs set of skills and hard work. If, you are interested in freelancing then there are different platforms where you can sell your skills or according to your skills. Another way for, freelancers is social media. You can promote your skills just like any other business.
There are some simple and step by step instructions that will be helpful for you.
- Learn a digital skill according to your interest, talent and resources.
- Build an outstanding portfolio on a platform as a free member or premium according to your will.
- Get registered on a freelancing platform or you can get registered on multiple freelancing platforms.
- Popular freelancing platforms are Upwork, Fivver, Freelancers, People per Hour, 99design and many others.
- You can get registration on any or all above freelancing websites yet you have to pass skill test or general test about working on that site. For example, you have pass readiness test on Upwork to start selling there. In the same way, you have pass English language test with at least 80% score to get registered as writer on Fivver. So, you should get thorough information before getting started as a freelancer.
- If do don’t want to register on a freelancing site then you can promote your art or skills using social media or art showcasing platforms like Deviant Art.
In short, there are many ways for freelancers to promote their skills and to sell their art. One more thing that is also important for freelancers is to join forums and communities of freelancers according to their set of skills. By joining these types of communities you will learn many important things from experienced freelancers who share their stories, experiences and tips. These stories and tips prove more helpful in the career of beginners.
Being a beginner what we do?
Being a beginner you have to burn the midnight oil as you have to face tough competitions in fetching a project or job. Some freelancers get their first job in their first week and some have to wait for years to get the first project. The thing is to consider is if you have to decide to do work as a freelancer then you need to get ready for any possible conclusion. In this way, your consistency, communication skills, and your core skill count more for your success.
For example, you have excellent graphic designing or video editing skills but you are lacking communication skills then you should be ready for a big challenge. Weak communication skills are a hurdle because you will be unable to describe your skill or service to the client and will not be able to get a good project. So, you need to
- Work on your communication skills.
- Offer low price to get attention of your client.
- Offer extra relevant service or resource like royalty free images, unlimited revisions, fast turnaround etc.
- Try to adjust your rate within the budget of your clients in a very grateful way.
By following these easy and simple tips you can boost your career as a freelancer.