An easy way is to track the PAN card. As soon as you apply for your PAN card or apply for any change/update, you get a receipt number which you can use to track the status of your application. You can find the PAN status on the UTI portal or NADDL portal.
How to know PAN card status by PAN or coupon number on UTI website
The following steps need to be taken to track the status of PAN card application, duplicate PAN card, or even apply for rectification on UTI Infrastructure Technology & Services Limited web portal:
- Click on the tracking page on the UTI website. http://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward
- Enter application coupon number or PAN number
- Enter the captcha code and submit.
- After this, you will know the status of the PAN card.
How to know PAN status by receipt number by visiting NSDL portal
Here’s how to find the status on NSDL:
- Open the NSDL website track pan status page by clicking on https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html.
- Choose the option as per requirement, application of new card, for duplicate or for change in PAN
- After this, fill in the 15 digit receipt number.
- Enter captcha code
- Click on the submit button and the status will appear in front of you.
How to know PAN status without receipt number
TIN-NSDL has made adequate provisions for applicants to know the PAN application status online. The portal allows users to know the status of PAN card application even without a receipt number. By following the method given below, one can check the status of a PAN card by entering his name and date of birth:
- Visit the TIN-NSDL website https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html_bkp24052013
- Click on PAN – New / Change Request
- To know PAN v status without receipt number, select the name section.
- Enter your surname, first name, middle name, and date of birth
- After this, click on the “Submit” button to know the status
How to know PAN card application status/status
PAN application status/status, process status, delivery status, etc. can be known online. If the PAN application is made by UTI, then the status of PAN can be known by UTI coupon number of 10 digits. The application can check your PAN status 7 days after the application by UTI and NSDL.
PAN card receipt number
When the applicant successfully submits their PAN application, a 15-digit code is obtained which is given to the applicant. This number is known as PAN card receipt no. It can be used to track the status of PAN creation/update. Receipt 0 can also be used to download e-PAN card from both NSDL and UTIITSL website within one month of issue of new/updated PAN card.