Google Webmaster Tools is a great service for webmasters and website owners. Google Webmaster provides a great variety of features that are helpful to improve the performance of web platforms. It is a free service that any person who owns a website can use it.
Google Webmaster Tools provides insight into the website that is registered with it. Another amazing fact about Google Webmaster Tools is that collaborates with one of the biggest search engines in the world, therefore, the information obtained from Google Webmaster Tools is considered more authentic. Most of the webmasters and web owners prefer to use Google Webmaster Tools to monitor the performance of their websites.
How to use Google Webmaster Tools
Many people think it difficult to use Google Webmaster Tools as they think it is complicated. But if you are the owner of a site then it is your requirement to monitor the performance of your site and make changes accordingly so that your website can perform well and can bring the outcomes for which it is developed. Here is a step by step instructions for beginners on how to get started with Google Webmaster Tools.
- Sign up for Google Webmaster Account.
- Sign in to your account and take a tour to learn about how to start and what to do, because it is necessary to understand how Google Webmaster works before getting started properly.
- After having an understanding, add your website that you want to observe for the performance.
- When you are done with adding your website with all required information and adding tracking code now check what is going on and decide what to do next accordingly. For example, you will see different options like critical issues or maybe new issues.
- First of all check for recent issues so that you can take action to resolve them. Keep in mind that sometimes recent issues are critical and you have to take action seriously and maybe quickly.
- Then you also need to look for manual action that is taken on your site as in most cases these manual actions cause bigger problems especially if a webmaster is a beginner. In this way, you can easily find out those issues and fix them as per requirement.
- Then take a check the crawl errors as crawl errors can slow down the speed which is not good for a website. Crawl errors can cause many other problems as well. Therefore, Google webmaster Tools can detect crawl errors that need to be get fixed.
- Another very important feature that you must have to turn on is “Email Notifications”. It is important because you get direct notifications about insights of your website, from Google Webmaster Tools.
- You need to observe overall search traffic as well. In this way, you can manage the reach for your website and if it is low then you can take some particular actions to improve the traffic on your website.
Google Webmaster Tools is a set of great Search Engine Optimization features that not only provide detailed data about your website but help in configuring your site on Google. Even though Google Webmaster Tools is a free service but there are some tools that you may need to pay if you want to use them, but all major features that are important to monitor the performance of your website, are free to use. Google Webmaster Tools make it easy for all webmasters and web owners to detect the major and minor issues of their websites. In short, you can easily observe the performance of your site.